This Eggnog cake is mouth watering. I am actually not a fan of eggnog but on this cake…it’s irresistible! Friends of mine on Facebook are crazy about this.
|Eggnog Cherry Torte||
- 80 grams butter
- 100 grams sugar
- 5 egg yolks
- 200 grams chopped hazelnuts
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 5 egg whites
- 800grams tinned cherries
- 4 tablespoons cornflour
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 100ml Kirsch (if unable use rum or sherry)
- 800ml thickened cream
- 30grams vanilla sugar (or icing sugar and vanilla essence)
- 6 to 8 tbs eggnog
- 100 grams chocolate, grated or shaved
- HOW TO:
- In a large bowl, combine butter, sugar, eggyolks, chopped hazelnuts and baking together, beat until well blended. Gently fold in egg whites until just combined. Thoroughly grease a 26 gauge springform pan. Pour batter and bake for about 1 hour. Remove and cool.
- Drain cherry pie filling in a colander to remove most of the thickened juices. Mix cornflour and sugar with some cherry juice. Add cherries and remaining juice to a pan and boil until reduced to a pulp. Add kirsch and thicken with cornflour mixture. Stir well then allow to cool slightly. Should be like jam.
- Take the cool sponge and soak the top layers with Kirsch, then spread over with warm jam mixture. Allow to cool and set.
- Whip cream and sugar until stiff. Spread cream on top of jam; keep some cream for piping dollops. Spread eggnog on top of cream, pipe a dollop for each portion around the edge and sprinkle with chocolate shavings.
- GOODLUCK AND BON APPETIT!!!