Some Words To Ponder

WHEN I’M HURTING

It’s easier for you to walk away, than it is for you to reach out to me.
It’s easier for you to look away, than it is for you to see the depth of my despair.
It’s easier for you to look through me, than it is for you to see “me.”
It’s easier for you to distance yourself, than it is for you to really care.
It’s easier for you to hear, than it is for you to listen.
It’s easier for you to judge, than it is for you to understand.
It’s easier for you to label, than it is to get acquainted.
It’s easier for you to bask in your joy, than it is for you to feel my pain.
It’s easier for you to bewilder at my mysteries, than it is for you to probe deeply into the depths of my soul.

It’s easier for me to look away, than it is to let you see the feelings betrayed through my eyes.
It’s easier for me to cry, than it is for me to talk.
It’s easier for me to walk alone, than it is to risk rejection.
It’s easier for me to push you away, than it is for me to be held.
It’s easier for me to distance myself, than it is to trust that you won´t hurt me.
It’s easier for me to die, than it is for me to face life’s challenges.

It’s hard for me to smile when I am hurting.
It’s hard for me to talk when you won’t understand.
It’s hard for me to reach out when I need help the most.

If only you’d really look at me and see who I am.
If only you cared enough to reach out when I push you away.
If only you’d hold me, without asking why.
If only you’d acknowledge the validity of my feelings.

But it’s the easy roads that are most often taken.
And so I hurt alone.

by: Jo A. Witt

1. noemi Dado says:

I’ve been there once but sometimes being alone gave me the light. That the choice of doing something positive only lies in me.

• Beng says:

Hi Noemi, thanks a lot for visiting. I have nothing to write so I thought of posting the poem. I like it very much at nag match din ito sa mood ko ngayon na medyo depress. 🙂

I think it is due to the yucky weather here.

2. ambo says:

Don’t worry momski i am with you.

Cheers,

Ambolicious :heartbeat

• Beng says:

Ambolicious dodong…many many thanks :hug: I am fine talaga. Wala lang akong maisipang isulat kaya ito ang napagtripan ko. Though medyo bumagay din ito sa mood ko ngayon na parang Biyernes Santo :drunk

3. ambo says:

Btw momski, yung link ng logo ng mahal na reyna e mali ata. Muah! _baby

• Beng says:

tenks…naayos ko na ang link. kinopya ko lang kasi yon doon sa site ng mahal na reyna tapos may nabura yata ako doong isang tag kaya hindi gumana ang link.

4. chuvaness says:

manay, it’s ok…cheer up! everything is gonna be alright

hugs to yah and to your kids esp dun sa eldest…bwahahaha :))

juk lang manay beng! mwaaaaaaaaaahhh

:bouncy

• Beng says:

malen indayyyy! how sweet of you :hug: i’m feeling fine sistah…medyo tinupak lang sa ngayon kaya walang ibang maisip isulat. oy saan na number mo?

5. reyna elena says:

I have a poem for you andun sa entry ko Between Your Legs… hehehe

Are you feeling alright Ate Beng?

Everything will be alright, there’s a rainbow always after the rain.

7. rhada says:

hello mamah benggay!!! ganda ng poem…pangmuni-muni moments…bagay talaga sa weather….asar!

anyway, happy weekend!!!

8. joy says:

Got the blues? Blame it on the weather – or someone! Hey, if you need cheering up, Raquel and I are here for you! 😀 Let me know if you want to chat, ok?

Please visit A Pinay In England and read my post Getting Married (26 January 2008) and tell me what wedding gift you are getting for Reynz and Ambo.

joy
    Your Love Coach
    The Goddess In You
    Norwich Daily Photo

9. sus sister beng, pagkasakit ba sa dughan kining imong post. nahinomdoman kong akong mga utang nga nabilin sa pilipinas, hahahah! pero tinood baya ingon aning jo witt, that it’s the easy road people choose (most of the time). pero ug akoy pangutan-on nimo, i’ll take the slow lane. it takes time to heal, dba?

have a wonderful week end sis, mwaaah :drunk

10. kengkay says:

manay beng — emoting ka ba? alam mo, baka dagdag lang yan ng excitement mo sa pag uwi sa pinas ngayong mayo. ako nga dalawang linggo na lang pero gusto ko ng hilahin ang mga araw at ng makakain na agad ng sisig at taho. tama si dr. joy, andito rin ako, si raquel aka kengkay, hehehe… calling calling???