Oh How I Dread Christmas In Germany

I’m dreading Christmas here in Germany, I really am. I feel the spiritual side of Christmas has been completely lost and I can’t cope with stress of everything I have to buy and do. Christmas means misery to me and not celebration, because I’m the one who has to take care of everything. Like buying presents, plan and cook the meal for Christmas eve and Christmas and host all of them. I really don’t want to sound like an old git, but I’m old enough to remember when Christmas in the Philippines was special in so many ways. We received some gifts that we never had at any other time, we had food that we spent 364 days only dreaming of and people wished you a happy Christmas and meant it.

There is so much to be said for the good old days, but sadly I can’t turn back time. How I wish I’m home…

P.S
Tita Beng is currently enjoying the FLU, so pasensiya na muna kayo ha?

1. sofie says:

Hello Beng!

Wrong timing naman, may flu ka.

Take care! Get well soon!

2. chuvaness says:

merry christmas and happi new year manay :heartbeat…get well soon manay :flw

3. Ivy says:

Christmas has somehow lost its meaning amid all the materialistic indulgences :furious: Sad really …..

Happy holidays to you and your family.
    :cloud9

Get well sonn :flw

4. maline says:

get well soon, ate beng! iba talaga pasko dito sa Pinas, kahit medyo salat sa material. and your right, very special ang christmas dito coz we tend to pamper ourselves of simple things we dream of the whole year.
    Anyways, just enjoy the holidays with your family and make the most out of it!!!
    MALIGAYANG PASKO!

Ate Beng, sad to hear about the flu and kusina role mo, and although it’s been said many times, many ways…..

Merry Christmas to you.

Cheers from Hong Kong,
    K

6. scart says:

hello ate beng dont be sad here’s a gift for you

and get well soon. happy holidays