My Workplace

I am now fulfilling my promise to answer the tags I got before and during my hiatus. Let me start with Marie’s tag which title is My Workplace.

I am supposed to just add a picture but I however want to write some words along with it to give you an idea why I have two places to work.

The image below is showing you my old desk in the corner of our livingroom. It was my favorite place to work most specially when all other members of the family were away (work, school and kindergarten). That time, design orders were infrequent, so it really didn’t bother me at all if kids were running around and or when tv was on. I simply did the graphic works at day time and continue with the codings late at night when everyone were sound asleep.

Desk

The situation has changed right after my continuing education. Family guests come and go since June, and web design orders flew in. It was not easy for me then because I was committed to keep my working pace in order to meet the deadlines. I therefore had no choice than to continue working even if guests were around. The noise of my surroundings became unbearable and the pressure of my work made me explode. The situation has made me insistent on having a proper work place. A place where I can withdraw myself when I feel like and most of all, work without any interruption. I am glad that hubby understand my point. The next day, he bought me an L form office desk and a leather executive chair. Then we re-modelled the spare room we have downstairs that he was using as his archive…into my office :).

current_table-s.jpg

My desk upstairs still exist and I’m still using it everyday when little Gillian is back for lunch break.

1. pinayhekmi says:

Nice, the new office looks so serene, orderly, and just right for you. I’m so glad web designing is going well for you.

• Beng says:

Hi Tin,

Thank you :). You’re right with my new office and I’m loving it na. I felt so alone naman kasi noong simula (hilo ano?).

Business is doing well nga and mind you what Anne Fiona and I are working together from time to time šŸ™‚

2. KK aka Tina says:

Hi Ms. Beng,

Great to see you back, I love your workspace. Window office šŸ™‚ !
    here’s is my workspace: http://mygoodfinds.org/2007/11/02/dream-big-and-my-work-space/

• Beng says:

Tina ikaw ha? Ang danda-danda mong maging executive :). As I said bagay na bagay sa personalidad mo.

My window office, there I find peace and quiet.

3. chuvaness says:

wow…gising na si sleeping beauty!!! love your new office…executive na executive!!
    love the photos on the wall at mukhnag maganda ang view sa labas….

ang sarrrraap mag blog jan…hehheheh :bigsmile

4. Joni says:

You’ve got a neat workplace, I love it! And I also love the new blog design. great job!

5. reyna elena says:

YAN ANG OFFICE DESK MO?!

~~kablag~~

Mag-re-resign na ako sa opis!
    Hmpt!!!!

• Beng says:

oy miss maghunos dili ka. rekwest ka ng bago kasi, new as in bago talaga ha na may amoy varnish pa. ngehehe, siguro naman akong maganda opis taybol mo…kunyari ka lang :zwinkern

6. scart says:

welcome back bheng! awww ka nindot sa imong workplace murag lami ilihok diha ah hehehe ang linis… saka murag daghang libro for web designing akin nalang hehehe jk lang.

i feel great reading your entry again, take care šŸ™‚

• Beng says:

hi scart salamat deng. saan sa mga libro ko ang type mo? may inorder pa nga akong bago sa amazon na di pa dumating.

sayang malayo ka, di sana magkasama tayong nagbabasa šŸ™‚

7. marie says:

Thanks for sharing your workplace, executive na executive ang dating! Ang ganda :yes:

• Beng says:

hi marie, thanks for tagging me din pala. naku yang office table ko is ordinary lang yan, meron akong nakitang iba na type ko talaga kaya lang di kaya ng bulsa. kaya ito ang nahila ko nalang šŸ™‚

8. Nika says:

OMG. Ate beng ang danda ng workspace mooooo…. Haha, gusto ko din magka-ganyan. Haha, kakaririn ko ang pag-aaral ng web design kahit wordpress themes muna. šŸ™‚

9. dan says:

-wOoOoW- gWpuha sa imO office mommy manang wOie.. pAng CEO kaau ug dating and i Hope hndi na sana maXadong makUlit si Gillian..hehehe..tC. :yes:

10. Yoru says:

whoa~! i’m sure you’d do a lot more of wonderful designs in that beautiful atmosphere. šŸ˜€

• Beng says:

hi yoru samalat sa dalaw :). regarding wonderful designs, it looks like ganun pa rin…minsan inspired minsan naman zero talaga :). siguro dahil na rin sa sobrang pagod.

11. sofie says:

Hi ‘te Beng!

Oks yang ginawa mo a. May privacy ka na talaga.

Hehehe… nakita ko na naman yong pusang namimintana! Di ba lagi yan sa kwarto niyo? Paborito niya talaga yatang puwesto yang sa bintana banda no?

O shya, have a nice week dear!

• Beng says:

Inday Sofie,

Sa wakas may privacy na talaga ako. Wala ng makakaestorvo fa sa akin. Hehehe, if madaliang trabaho naglalock ako ng pinto.

Hehehe, na identify mo si Kitty? Ang talas talaga ng mga mata mo. ewan ko ba sa pusang yan, ang hilig talagang mamintana. Have a nice week too.

12. kengkay says:

buti ka payag si hubby mo na magpaka-umaga sa work, hay ako… kapag kinalabit na ni kengkoy, sunod na dapat si kengkay, weeeee šŸ™‚

• Beng says:

hehehe, naiintindihan naman ni kenkoy este asawa ko ang working time ko. kaya walang problema sa kanya kahit hanggang anong oras akong nakaharap sa pc. but i am not doing this all the time dahil kailangan ko rin ng tulog or tabihan si mister :cloud9 :stork

13. BURAOT says:

sarap mag opis sa opis mo, imagine mo kung ako yun, paggising sa umaga, kahit ala ng tutbras, pede na mag report sa opis. kahit ala ng kurbata o kahit salawal presentable pa rin. :grin

• Beng says:

buraot, that is exactly what i’m doing sometimes. tabi lang ng silid tulugan namin ang opis ko :bouncy

pero nakapajama ako ha? mukha nga lang bruha :huh:

wawa na si fafa g wala na sya room to escape… love that old table…

15. Ambo says:

wow i love your place mommy beng! btw, cute ng pusa mo hehehe

16. auee says:

now that’s how you do “work from home” šŸ™‚