Moist Chocolate Cake With Creamy Chocolate Frosting

saturday afternoon i spent my time looking for this kind of recipe inday…..
    cani copy bitteeeeeeeeeee
    i want to bake this one too

sha, it also took me long to find this recipe. kopyahin mo nah :). i tell it’s very chocolatey.

can’t wait to taste this on saturday…yummmy!!

4. Leigh says:

Hi Beng saw your blog while blog hopping. I love baking also. Want to try this recipe but what if I can’t produce this cream of tartar it would be ok without it? What’s the use ba of this cream of tartar and by the way what is cream of tartar how does it look ba? I heard about this many times na but have no idea about it. By the way I am living here in Japan and I think wala yan dito eh.

Hello Leigh,

Cream of tartar is the powdery white substance derived from the sediment in wine barrels. It helps prevent candies from crystallizing, it stabilizes beaten egg whites. But it is not necessary to have it kong wala kang mabibili diyan. Don’t worry ilang beses na akong nagbake ng Chiffon Cake or Sponge cake without it.

Greetings :)

6. Wheng says:

hi! this one looks yummy and wanna give it a try.
    By the way, what´s size of eggs did you use for the chiffon cake?

Hi Wheng, I am sure you will love it :). Regarding the eggs size, I use small eggs when I bake.

8. Wheng says:

hi, beng! Thanks for your reply…i really wanna try baking this cake since i love Chocolate cake with chocolate frosting…..thanks ulit!

9. Wheng says:

already baked this cake on my daughter´s 3rd birthday rather say this is her Bday cake without the chocolate frosting. We decorated(with my friend)it with Creme frosting and flowers. It was a sure hit. My guests( children and even adults) said the cake was so delicious…. Thanks a lot! I owe it to you! Mwahhhh!

10. carla says:

hello its me carla,nakakawili nman ang blogs mo.lahat ng eksaktong hinahanap ko andto like this chocolate cake.last week i baked pandesal using your recipes and it was good,not so perfect bacause it was my first time to do it but according to my mon and son e talagang puedeng puede na.now ill try your chocolate cake.thanks alot im sure ill be back

11. abigail says:

hI! AKO ULIT :) MAY NARINING LANG KASI AKO SA IBANG MOMMIES NA ANG I BBAKE NATIN MAG DEDEPEND DIN KUNG ANONG KLASENG OVEN ANG GAMIT… MINSAN KAYA MAY PUMAPALPAK DAHIL SA KLASE NG OVEN NA GINAGAMIT..
    ASK KO LANG, ANONG BRAND NG OVEN MO? KASI SEEMS LAHAT NG BAKE MO SUCCESS… TY :)

12. stephanie says:

why is it in your procedure, there is baking soda, but nothing in your ingredients, how much is needed for baking soda?(in chiffon cake)thank you so much and i am preparing to cook this one, looks so good and yummy,more power!

13. nathaliebong says:

HELLOW MGA SISTAH AND MOMMIES,

GOOD FOOD FOR A GOOD DAY!

WOW! this chocolate cake with creamy chocolate frosting recipe . . . is a perfect cake i been looking for . . . so glad found your site . . . i’ll definitely copy this recipe, this will be perfect for my best friend birthday surprise cake.

thanks a lot sistah!

ciao! muah! muah

“keep on sharing”

14. nathaliebong says:

OH! by the way sis! nice blog so neat and simple . . .

MORE POWER!

15. naisy says:

HI THANKZ FOR SHARING THE RECIPED I AM A CHOCOLATE LOVER BUT I DONT KNOW IF I CNAT BAKE THIS CKAE BECAUSE WE DONT HAVE CAKE FLOUR HERE IN SWEDEN… I TRIED TO FIND IT AND TRANSLATE THE WORDS TOE NGLISH BUT CANT FIND IT:((wAAHHH AND THE CREAM OF TARTAR.:( SAD HOPE YOU CAN HELP ME..THANKZ

16. naisy says:

again.. sorry if i asked too many questions.. but baking soda is not in the recipe but its in the instructions.. dont know the measures of baking soda,,,:((sorry im so confuse

17. Jess says:

Hi
    I was wondering if you can make chocolate cakes like these without eggs because I am an Octo-lacto vegetarian and dont have eggs…..Is there an alternative???
    If there is plz let me know because that cake looks really YUMMY!!!

18. malinesky says:

WOW ate beng, bow na talaga ako sa yo, multi-talented! frustration ko magbake.hehehe.i’ll try this cake.yummy, pic pa lang and sarap with fresh brewed coffee!

19. shedk says:

hi bheng,
    i just have a question can i use all purpose flour instead of cake flour i don’t have cake flour kasi here in Denmark.

20. admin says:

Hi Shedk,

Yes you can also use all purpose flour. Regarding cream of tartar naman…you can also skip that dahil ako nga minsan nahihirapan ding bumili niyan dahil hindi laging may stock. You won’t even notice the difference.

21. shedk says:

thanks for the reply.. i plan to bake this cake kasi in our friends birthday.. i hope hindi mag kamali..:) i love chocolate cake it’s really my favorite. since i came here in denmark i never taste chocolate cake with this very chocolaty frosting..hmmmm

22. CUPPYCAKES says:

Hi sis! I was looking for a chocolate frosting and found this one! It’ looks so delicious and I mus try it on my cupcakes. By the way, pwede ba syang ipipe? and hindi ba sya yung grainy because of the powdered sugar? please reply soon. Thanks!

23. babes tango says:

hello, im new in baking.. i used to use electric oven..but nasira siya…and besides malakas sa kuryente.. i have a second-hand gas oven under repair now.. might be coming out this week. i need advice on how different it is from electric oven and how does one use it? i am eager to try baking again but just want to avoid spoiling it just in case malaki ang pagkakaiba nila sa gas oven.. para di sayang ba.. thanks in advance, hope to hear from you soon! God bless!

hello babes, hindi ko pa rin mismo nasubukang mag bake sa gas oven but i found a conversation site:

i suggest you try to bake something simple muna para hindi masayang ang gawa mo. just in case you more questions, just don’t hesitate to post it here, nandito lang ako :). thanks for visiting my site nga pala.

25. Dyna says:

Hi there,

I would really want to try this recipe. Just wanted to ask how much baking soda I need to use? I didn’t see the amount in the ingredients list.