Buko Pandan

Buko Pandan

Servings: 8

Ingredients: (you can buy all ingredients in any asian store / alle Zutaten sind im Asia Laden erhältlich)

4 packs frozen young coconut (buko – junge Kokosnuss)
1 packet green Agar-Agar powder or gelatine
2 tsps. pandan flavouring
2 tsps. Lye Water
1 can sweetened milk
1 cup whip cream (1 Becher frische Schlagsahne)
250 gram sugar

Procedure:

First of all, you have to defrost buko before you start preparing the rest of the recipe. Dissolve Agar-Agar powder in 1 ½ litre of water. Add 250g sugar, stir and bring to boil over low heat. Add lye water and pandan flavour and stir well. Pour into a shallow pan and allow to cool.

Pour sweetened milk and whip cream into a large deep bowl and toss to blend well. Cut chilled Agar-Agar into cubes. Then add buko and Agar-Agar cubes into the mixture and chill before serving.

P.S

To those who are having difficulties finding frozen young coconut, here’s the picture of the said product. Meron ding nasa nasa lata but it taste nothing so you’d better ask the store owner if they can order the frozen one for you. It’s imported from Thailand.

1. kars says:

basta buko salad (pandan flavor or with sago and nata de coco) favourite ko tlga.

2. tina says:

hi beng,
    ask ko lang, ala kasing frozen jung kokosnuss dito sa asia shop sa amin. Pwede ko bang malaman kung anong brand ng frozen buko dyan sa inyo? Para sasabihin ko sa owner ng asia shop na kung pwedeng i order nya ako.
    How much is the frozen buko? Per kilo ba ang presyo?
    Thanks for the information.

tina

Hello Kars,

Thanks for visiting…hihihi…I did not expect you’ll find this unpublished food blog of mine.

Greetings

hi tina,

salamat sa dalaw :). i updated this entry and added the photo of “junge kokosnuss”. i hope this help, you can print the pic and show it to the storre owner…mabuti na yong makaksiguro, right?

regards

5. jessica says:

hi beng,
    hoy alam mo ba? very nice ang blog mo mama. ngayon hindi na ako mahirapan pang mag-isip kung ano ang lulotuin. keep it up!!!!

mc-gregor

hello mc-gee,

how nice of you my dear 🙂 thanks. i am so glad napadalaw ka dini. sa ngayon pagpasensiyahan mo muna ang laman ng foodblog ko. kasisimula ko lang kasi kaya meager pa. hayaan mo’t dadami din ito.

best greetings

alam ko na ipapabitbit ko sa imo pag nilusob mo ako ulit! (lusob daw oh 😀 )…ito!!

thess,

buko pandan ha? o sige. pero huwag kayong mag-agawan ni kathleen 🙂

9. auee says:

beng, how come when I used lye water naging bitter yung gelatin? So naging plain buko salad na lang yung concoction ko.

Hi Auee,

Nangyari din sa akin yan kaya I reduced the amount of lye water.

11. miikka says:

ate beng ask ko lang po ano ba yung lye water???kse fave ko ang buko pandan.pede bang pandan flavor ang gamitin ko?tenkz!!!

Mikka,

Lye water is lihia sa atin. You can skip this ingredient kong wala kang mabibili diyan. Lagi ko palang gamit ang Pandan flavor kasi mas mabango eh kaysa preskong dahon. 🙂

13. Jane says:

I tried a similar dish in Sydney and I liked it very much. Thanks for the recipe

14. wheng says:

Hi!
    I was surfing the net and suddenly, i landed in your site!
    You have a nice site by the way! I wish you could post more recipes. Keep up the good work KABAYAN!

GOD BLESS,
    wheng

15. fatimah says:

HELLO, I FOUND YOUR SITE VERY NICE..MAY I ASK WHAT IF I HAVE NO REAL BUCO MEAT CAN I SUBSTITUTE AGAR AGAR POWDER TO MAKE ARTIFICIAL BUKO? DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW TO MAKE IT…IT’S NOW POPULAR IN THE PHILIPPINES (THE ARTIFICIAL BUKO MADE FROM AGAR AGAR!) THANKS, FATIMAH

Hi Jane and Wheng, many thanks.

@Fatima,

regarding your question, i am sorry but i have no idea yet how to make artificial buko.

17. Noehl says:

fatimah,

agar agar is used to make the gelatin [or the gulaman part] of the recipe.

18. Suzie says:

I like your website. Happy na family ko magaling na akong magluto.

19. Jen says:

I know that the artificial buko is made of agar agar. but I don’t know the mixture and how to prepare it.